To make this milestone even more meaningful, you can help repair the world by creating invaluable connections across the generations. Youth can volunteer as individuals or with their families.
Join our existing programs:
- Deliver holiday or seasonal food packages to seniors and stay for a visit
- Play chess with older adults on Mondays from 4:00–5:30 PM at DOROT
- Deliver birthday cakes and spend time celebrating milestones with DOROT clients in their homes
Create your own mitzvah project to match your skills and interests. Examples include:
- Bake and deliver personalized birthday cakes
- Assemble and donate care packages
- Share intergenerational friendships while playing cards or board games
Age: Pre-Bar and Bat Mitzvah youth. Children must be accompanied by an adult for home visits.
Time Commitment: Depends on project.
Requirements: Family orientation; adults provide a valid, US government-issued photo ID for home visits.
Next Steps: E-mail us